[Ifeffit] IFEFFIT file saving issue

Moreau, Liane Michelle liane.moreau at wsu.edu
Tue Sep 7 17:30:36 CDT 2021

Dear fellow XAFS enthusiasts,

My student is running into some trouble in that he can't seem to get any files from IFEFFIT (be it project or exported data files) to save on his computer. When he saves, no files show up in the folder he has saved to. I watched him do this myself to confirm this is indeed the case.

I have never run into this issue, nor have I heard of anyone else having this issue previously, but has anyone else run into this issue, and, if so, how did they solve it? I imagine there might be something incompatible with the student's computer settings somehow, although he is able to use the software just fine, it is just that nothing will save. He tried uninstalling and reinstalling Demeter, but unfortunately that did not fix the problem.

I appreciate any experience anyone can share that might be helpful.

Thank you!

Liane

Liane Moreau, PhD
Assistant Professor