[Ifeffit] Artemis fit error - chi-square and R-factors are always equal to 0

Ava Rajh ava.rajh at ijs.si
Fri Mar 26 06:31:58 CDT 2021

Hello,

I have recently installed Demeter suite on my LinuxMint 20 machine with
all required dependencies met. Athena works well and Demeter passed all
tests during installation. When running Artemis however, there is an
issue with fits that persists with provided examples any any other
projects I open (including the ones done by colleagues and just re-run
on my machine).

After the fit (which completes fine and returns expected fit that looks
ok when comparing it to experiment), when inspecting the log file,
chi-square, reduced chi-square and R values are equal to 0 (example log
file attached bellow). No errors accompany the fit.

I am using Larch installed with anaconda, and Artemis uses Feff6
executable. I have re-installed Demeter and tried to get it to work with
Ifeffit but the error persists. I have found an existing git hub thread
dealing with similar issue
(https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/issues/62) but no solution that I
could discern. Could it be an issue with my perl version (5.30.0)?

If someone has any ideas what the issue could be and how to fix it, I
would appreciate the help. Please let me know if I can provide any
additional information, and I apologize if there is something obvious I
may have missed.

Sincerely,
Ava

--