[Ifeffit] Larch install error

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 3 11:46:13 CDT 2019

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 12:08 PM Mangold, Stefan (IPS) <
stefan.mangold at kit.edu> wrote:

> Dear Matt,
>

> I tried to install larch via Anaconda. Install of Anaconda and larch seems
> to work fine, but I couldn’t create the Links via
>
> larch -m
> [numexpr.utils] INFO : NumExpr defaulting to 8 threads.
> Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/larch
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/larch --wxgui
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xas_viewer
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/gse_mapviewer
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/gse_dtcorrect
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrfdisplay
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/dioptas_larch
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrd2d_viewer
> Warning: could not create shortcut to
> /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrd1d_viewer
>
> I have MacOS Sierra installed
>
> On a similar system I installed larch half a year ago without any issues.

Oh very sorry.  I can reproduce this. I believe that an update to
`pyshortcuts`  (which *will* be a good thing for the next release of Larch)
has broken the current release.  (ah progress!).
I also believe that this means that Larch did get installed correctly, but
that the Desktop Apps/Icons did not get made.

You should be able to do this from a Terminal command line:

      pip install pyshortcuts==1.4
      larch -m

Let me know whether that fixes it or not.
Cheers,