[Ifeffit] Larch install error

Mangold, Stefan (IPS) stefan.mangold at kit.edu
Wed Oct 2 12:08:43 CDT 2019

Dear Matt,

I tried to install larch via Anaconda. Install of Anaconda and larch seems to work fine, but I couldn’t create the Links via

larch -m
[numexpr.utils] INFO : NumExpr defaulting to 8 threads.
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/larch
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/larch --wxgui
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xas_viewer
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/gse_mapviewer
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/gse_dtcorrect
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrfdisplay
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/dioptas_larch
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrd2d_viewer
Warning: could not create shortcut to  /Users/myaccount/anaconda3/bin/xrd1d_viewer

I have MacOS Sierra installed

On a similar system I installed larch half a year ago without any issues.

best regards
Stefan Mangold