[Ifeffit] Installation of Athena on Linux Ubuntu

Welter, Edmund edmund.welter at desy.de
Thu Mar 7 07:56:16 CST 2019

Dear Mohamed,

you will find instructions how to install the software under Linus on Bruce's webpages:
[ https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/ | https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/ ]
Look out for "David Hughes' guide to Demeter Installation on Ubuntu"

Don't use the version from the Ubuntu repositories, it is very old. You have to compile the software on your computer. If you follow the instructions you will (finally) be able to do so. Please be aware, that the instructions are for older Linux/Ubuntu versions and that some libraries are meanwhile updated. Well, you have to read all the stuff that is written in the terminal when you install the dependencies, some will not be installed with the version numbers in the instructions, you must identify the correct version numbers and install these newer versions.

Best of luck,
Edmund