[Ifeffit] using the mail list archive for mac install

Joel Brugger SAM joel.brugger at monash.edu
Tue Jul 10 00:42:08 CDT 2018

I ran into the problem that some people seem to have with Demeter on mac
while upgrading to High Sierra. I found a fix on this mail list, butŠ
1) I can¹t download Template.pm from the archive (bin file that uncompresses
to cpgz file that uncompresses back to a bin fileŠ)
2) Matt mentions that he installed 0.9.26 from macports, but I see only
0.9.25 (stable & develop).
Sorry for the trivial questions :-)
All the best, JOEL

[Ifeffit] install for mac error
Luke Higgins pmljrh at leeds.ac.uk
<mailto:ifeffit%40millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BIfeffit
%5D%20install%20for%20mac%20error&In-Reply-To=%3CD54C3C92-BBDF-484E-83DA-31D
EE99F28A6%40leeds.ac.uk%3E>
Tue Apr 3 12:47:31 CDT 2018

<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/009380.html>
<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/009383.html>
<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/date.html#938
2>  [ thread ]
<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/thread.html#9
382>  [ subject ]
<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/subject.html#
9382>  [ author ]
<http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2018-April/author.html#9
382>

Hi All,

I see this error too. This is a bit of a bodge job, but if you replace:

/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/Text/Template.pm

With the attached template.pm from p5.24, it seems to work fine. I¹d just
rename the old Template.pm in the same directory, rather than deleting it ­
since another program may end up needing the most recent one.

Cheers,

Luke

From: Ifeffit <ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
Chris Patridge <patridge at buffalo.edu