[Ifeffit] Athena for peak fitting or deconvolution

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 9 17:11:57 CDT 2018

Hi Dien,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Dien.Li at srnl.doe.gov <Dien.Li at srnl.doe.gov>
wrote:

> Hi, Bruce
>

> I am using the Demeter 9.24 version. I saw in the “main” window the peak
> fitting and deconvoluting data, but as I clicked, it is not available. Any
> new update now. Thanks.

The latest version of Demeter is 0.9.26.  I believe deconvolution is not
supported.

For spectral deconvolution and peak fitting, I would encourage you to try
the Larch XAS Viewer application.  This does support spectral deconvolution
and has a dialog for this under the Data Menu.  It also has many
improvements for fitting pre-edge peaks -- this was the main motivation for
writing XAS Viewer.
Larch is available at

http://xraypy.github.io/xraylarch/installation.html#single-file-installers

with some documentation (incomplete!) and screenshots for XAS Viewer at
     http://xraypy.github.io/xraylarch/guis/xasviewer.html

--Matt

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431