[Ifeffit] problems installing athena et al under ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Juan de la figuera juan.delafiguera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:43:59 CST 2016

Dear all,

I have been installing demeter from git under ubuntu 16.04 LTS, following
the non-root instructions from:
https://gist.github.com/waveform80/3959252

I also installed xraylarch from git. Xaylarch is only missing:
#=== Warning: Some recommended Python Packages are missing:
    epics:  needed for using the EPICS control system
    pyFAI:  needed for xrd modules

It seems to work, but when I try to open a file that can be open properly
from Athena installed on Windows, I get:

Trying Larch server:
/home/juan/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/Demeter/share/ini/larch_server.ini

Trying Larch server:  larch_server -p 4968 start
larch_server port=4968: started

gnuplot> set xrange [ 6900130000 : 7955610000 ]
                     ^
        line 0: warning: integer overflow; changing to floating point

gnuplot> set xrange [ 6900130000 : 7955610000 ]
                                  ^
        line 0: warning: integer overflow; changing to floating point

and although it opens the data in a gnuplot window, the scale is off
(7x10^9 instead of 7x10^3). I am assuming once it is confused about the
scale, it makes a mess with the data.
The output of probe -bv is:
t/000_ifeffit.t .........
1..6
ok 1 - show
ok 2 - show arrays:
ok 3 - get_scalar 1.2345
ok 4 - put scalar
ok 5 - put/get_string: my.xmu
ok 6 - put/get_array:
ok
t/001_base.t ............
1..24
Trying Larch server:
/home/juan/soft/demeter/blib/lib/Demeter/share/ini/larch_server.ini
Trying Larch server:  larch_server -p 4969 start
larch_server port=4969: started
ok 1 - new() works
ok 2 - group is set: orihs
ok 3 - unique group names: orihs & bcxkm
ok 4 - installation location identified
ok 5 - identity string
ok 6 - generic object is not plottable
ok 7 - generic object has no data
ok 8 - Project role works
ok 9 - demeter can do introspection
ok 10 - ifeffit disposal mode flag: 1
ok 11 - handle unknown mode gracefully
ok 12 - other disposal modes all false
ok 13 - turn on screen disposal mode flag
ok 14 - turn on file disposal mode flag
ok 15 - turn on buffer disposal mode flag
ok 16 - unknown window not recognized
ok 17 - known element (Cu) is recognized
ok 18 - unknown element (Ci) not recognized
ok 19 - simple template works
not ok 20 - simple disposal to Ifeffit: string

#   Failed test 'simple disposal to Ifeffit: string'
#   at t/001_base.t line 69.
not ok 21 - simple disposal to Ifeffit: scalar

#   Failed test 'simple disposal to Ifeffit: scalar'
#   at t/001_base.t line 70.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at t/001_base.t line 71.
not ok 22 - simple disposal to Ifeffit: array

#   Failed test 'simple disposal to Ifeffit: array'
#   at t/001_base.t line 71.
ok 23 - simple disposal wrapper works
ok 24 - plot_with works
# Looks like you failed 3 tests of 24.