[Ifeffit] error on installing demeter on MacOSX 10.9.5

Jean-Francois Gaillard jf-gaillard at northwestern.edu
Sat Nov 26 17:30:21 CST 2016

For all who are faced with this problem there is a simple solution. Increase the number of files that can be open concurrently by typing in the terminal session that you use to install Demeter :
>ulimit –n1024, and proceed again with the installation of Demeter.

Cheers, JF

=======================================
Jean-François Gaillard
McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
Technological Institute, Room # A324
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL, 60208-3109