[Ifeffit] Athena with IOS "El Capitan"

Manuel Cossio Kohler cossioko at ualberta.ca
Mon Feb 1 16:16:17 CST 2016

Hello,

I am having some issues with the Athena software. After upgrading the OS of
the macbook pro to "El Capitan" Version 10.11.3, Athena stopped working
properly. Once the iXAFS icon was clicked nothing happened. I decided to do
a bit of research and installed the latest verion of XQuartz version 2.7.8.
I was able to launch athena by executting "athena" from the terminal. Up to
that point, I figured that everything was running smoothly until I realized
that I could prompt any plots. Something in the software or operating
system was not allowing Athena to display plots. I would be really grateful
if you could provide me with a solution to this problem (if there is any)
or any advice that would allow me to process XAS data again. Thank you

Regards,

Manuel Cossio