[Ifeffit] First shell in nps taking small ss than bulk

Zhang, Guanghui brighton30 at 126.com
Fri Dec 23 11:57:12 CST 2016

Raj,
I am wondering if you have TEM or other results suggesting the particle size of you NPs samples. I looked at your data briefly, and the k-space data of the bulk and the two NPs samples look identical to me. I suspect you have big particles which seems "bulk" to EXAFS.
It is my understanding that EXAFS only works well for NPs smaller than several nanometers if you want to compare N and ss carefully.

Regards,
Guanghui