[Ifeffit] First shell in nps taking small ss than bulk

Raj kumar rajrk37 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 08:17:24 CST 2016

Dear all,

I have characterized YbVO4 in bulk (*pellet form: *prepared through solid
state reaction) and nanoparticles (*using continuous flow*: prepared
through co-precipation process) forms. Surprisingly, i found out that First
shell Yb-O in nanoparticles takes small ss value *(0.00298;
YbVO4nps-1.fpj)* than
bulk *(0.00509; YVO4bulk.fpj)*, while rest other shells in nanoparticles
found to take large ss compared to bulk. One would expect later trend for
all shells than former one due to well ordered and compact nature of bulk
YbVO4 phase. Owing to this weird trend, i returned back to R-space for
qualitative inspection *(YbVO4.prj)*, there i found, wider R-space signal
for (all shells) all YbVO4 nanoparticles compared to bulk. This behavior is
also well supporting to my rationalized understanding. Could someone please
help me in understanding the obtained result? or if i am missing some
important point, please warn me. For more clarification, i have attached
the athena and artemis files for the same.

With regards,
Raj