[Ifeffit] Peakfitting CeO2 data in Athena

Stephanie Laga stephanie.laga at yale.edu
Wed Dec 7 13:53:54 CST 2016

I had started with LSQ but switched to peak fitting because I was worried
about the Ce(IV) reference. I have data for bulk CeO2 and Ce(OH)4, but
doesn't this have some Ce(III) impurity in it? I'm not quite sure how to
account for this when I do LSQ.

Another challenge I've had is in using the Ce(IV) refs for our
nanoparticles, which are about 2-5 nm in diameter. Is there a good Ce(IV)
ref for nanos that are in this size range?