[Ifeffit] Converting PDF files to CIF files for usage in Artemis

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 9 12:50:30 CDT 2016

This actually results in a bit of inconvenience - if you want to use ATOMS, you have to load some data into Artemis and pretend you want to analyze it.

Another thing for a newbie to beware of - if you have inequivalent sites for your absorbing atom, you have to run ATOMS and FEFF separately for each of these,
then add the resulting spectra in proportion determined by stoichiometry.  If you use a program like Diamond, it tells you the Wyckoff notation (e.g. 12a meaning
that a unit cell has 12 such atoms in it, even though they're specified once).  I think ATOMS can produce a file with each atom listed explicitly (XYZ, I think)
and you could count that.
	mam