[Ifeffit] Converting PDF files to CIF files for usage in Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 9 13:07:48 CDT 2016

On 08/09/2016 01:50 PM, Matthew Marcus wrote:
> This actually results in a bit of inconvenience - if you want to use
> ATOMS, you have to load some data into Artemis and pretend you want to
> analyze it.

There is a "Stand-alone Atoms" item in the frickin' Start Menu.  How
does that constitute an inconvenience?  If that's too many clicks for
you, drag and drop a shortcut to the desktop.

You can use atoms from the command line to read an input or CIF file and
write to a file or to standard output.  You can use atoms from the
command line with the "--wx" switch to fire up the stand-alone GUI app.

I acknowledge that the web app that died last January was widely used
and that I am an unredeemable lay-about for not recreating it.  But your
criticism is a bit unfair, Matthew.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114