[Ifeffit] Converting PDF files to CIF files for usage in Artemis

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 8 16:30:15 CDT 2016

I'm afraid a PDF file of that sort is useless for EXAFS work because it doesn't tell you where the atoms are.  It only tells you the size of the unit cell,
unless you use it to solve the crystal structure yourself, which I don't recommend :-)  You need to search the literature for structures which include
the atomic positions and, probably, transcribe them manually into Atoms.  The paper referred to in the PDF gives calculated (not experimental) values
for the atomic displacements, from which, with some care, it would be possible to figure out coordinates.  However, it would be better to have experimental
data.  A bit of Googling shows that it's not going to be trivial to get all the parameters because the papers tend to tell you that the structures are
like other structures, but with certain parameters different, and you'll have to fill in the blanks.
	mam