[Ifeffit] Converting PDF files to CIF files for usage in Artemis

Ed Han edhan57 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:44:10 CDT 2016

Hello All,

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct method to reply to the
thread.

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I will look further into
determining the atomic structure of the Hf-Al intermetallics through their
papers.

Once I obtain this information, how do I go about creating the actual CIF
file? Can I just open up any arbitrary CIF file and then change the
parameters and name to match that of the Hf-Al systems?

Lastly, going through some CIF files from crystallography.net, I notice
that some of the 3D models from the CIF has a different stoichiometry from
the designated crystal. For example, I have attached a CIF file of SiO2
that I have found; however, the 3D representation only has 1 Silicon atom
and 1 Oxygen atom. Do you have any insight on this disparity?

Regards,
Ed Han