[Ifeffit] Fuzzy degeneracy

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 7 08:02:33 CDT 2016

On 04/07/2016 06:30 AM, Panagiotis Mougkogiannis wrote:
> I am quite new in the field and I was reading your paper : ''*Path
> degeneracy and EXAFS analysis of disordered materials, Journal of
> Synchrotron Radiation,volume 21, issue 6, pages 1269-1274,year 2014''.
> *A simple question, Where can I find the Ti K-edge data of CaZrTi2O7 in
> order to manipulate EXAFS data analysis by myself?

I just added the data to my collection of XAS training materials

   http://bruceravel.github.io/XAS-Education/

You can download the big zip file or follow this direct link to the
Athena project file in the git repository:

https://github.com/bruceravel/XAS-Education/blob/master/Examples/Fuzzy%20Degeneracy/zirconolite.prj

(Click the link that says "View Raw" and you should be prompted to
download the file.)

> and something more
> How do you plot in the same figure the paths of  strict and fuzzy
> degeneracy -Figure1a-? What I managed to do  is in the attached picture
> ( 4 figures with the strict and fuzzy degeneracy)...

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but I think the answer you are
looking for is that I didn't use Artemis.  I ran feff with and without
fuzzy degeneracy and wrote the paths to column data files

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Artemis/data.html#the-data-menu

I then used a plotting program to make the plot I wanted for the paper.

Artemis is /not/ a plotting program.  It's an EXAFS program that makes a
few plots.  If you want something else, you have to do it yourself.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II