[Ifeffit] No plot window on Mac El Capitan

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Oct 7 13:05:58 CDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 01:26 PM, Chloe Yi-Yi Wu wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I just upgraded my mac from mountain lion to el capitan. I was using the
> old version, iXAFS, but I can't launch it on the new el capitan. I then
> installed Demeter with Macport by following the instructions. However,
> I'm not able to plot the data in athena and artemis.
>
> I read the thread about "no plot window on Yosemite", but still have no
> clue. I can plot gnuplot in aqua, x11 and wxt. It seems whenever I quit
> gnuplot to launch athena and enter gnuplot later again, it will always
> there a communication problem between Demeter and aqua? I'm not familiar
> with these commands, to be honest. If I did something wrong, please advise.

I believe this is the same as the problem addressed here:

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2015-September/012703.html

It will be fixed whenever the next version gets built for MacPorts.

George offers a work-around here:

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2015-September/012739.html