[Ifeffit] Issue with Compatibility between versions of Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Nov 26 07:44:31 CST 2015

Hi Nirala,

"Backwards compatible project file" means backwards compatible with
earlier versions in the 0.9 series of Athena.

I have said many many times -- on this list and in the documentation --
that I no longer support the older versions of my software.  That a
project file from a recent version of Athena can even be opened in a
version of Athena from almost a decade ago is a fine thing -- perhaps
even something one might be thankful for -- but is not something I
intend to support.

Has your colleague considered using a version of Athena that was
released in this decade?