[Ifeffit] Question about statistics

Olga Kashurnikova okash at mail.ru
Fri Mar 6 15:53:23 CST 2015

Glad to hear your answer, Dr John J Rehr! It was very helpful!

I saw BFEFFIT in Dr Joshua Kas thesis but didn’t find anymore of it in web, so was not sure. For some time I tried to do this analysis myself, but could not find errors in the program. May be I will find it later, but I have not much time and need to use something working or change a thesis theme.

It will be great if there is such a code, though if it is not in wide use, could I use it or not? And could I now end in the simplest case what I began in IFEFFIT, for what I need norms, if the code exists? My scientific advisor asks me to make a paper on the results of our local conference in a week, and because restraint works well, I wanted to get the extra results, thinking that it could be not a bad solution for a first time.

What of conference, I haven’t send the annotation for it yet, don’t remember what are deadlines there and it depends on if I can calculate something for it: we have new spectra for new samples, and they can be calculated without a Bayes stuff, but depends on time left and because there are the same problems with model, I think it should better be done with Bayes. For old spectra and nonBayes model we published yet, some with my participation, some with others.

Thankful, Olga Kashurnikova