[Ifeffit] Question about statistics

John J Rehr jjr at uw.edu
Fri Mar 6 15:27:19 CST 2015

Dear Olga,

 Thanks for your interest in the Bayesian analysis codes.  I'm glad to
hear that your are interested in developing the method. Although some
prototype Bayes-Turchin based codes were developed by Josh Kas as part
of his  thesis research, the project was never fully integrated into the
IFEFFIT
package and progress stalled for lack of funding.  But there has also been
parallel effort to develop a Bayes-Turchin code by Elizabeta Holub-Krappe
and her colleagues in Chiba, Japan. and I would suggest that you ask her
for a copy of their BT code and documentation.   I think this topic will
also be discussed at the XAFS16 conf in Karlsruhe in Aug 2015 - will you be
there ?

 With very best regards,
 John

cc E. Holub-Krappe