[Ifeffit] Cursor Issue in Athena Data Import Window

Godfrey, Ian i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 10:58:12 CDT 2014

Dear All,

This bug report is for a very minor cosmetic issue, but I'm reporting it as it fooled me into thinking Athena had hung and doing a lot of unnecessary troubleshooting - hopefully I can save someone else from the same fate!

I experienced this issue with Demeter 0.9.20 on Windows 8 x64 and Windows 7 x64. I don't recall this issue on previous versions of Demeter, but I could be wrong. The bug is as follows. When you open the Athena "Import" window (file > import data) the cursor over the data import window changes to the Windows' busy cursor indefinitely (see screenshot) when it should be the normal cursor (it doesn't impair functionality in anyway - you're still fully able to interact with the window, create plots etc.).

Like I said, not a big bug but it led to me wasting a bit of time so I thought I'd report it.

Regards,

Ian Godfrey (UCL)