[Ifeffit] Setting E0 for imported data

Scott Bechler sbechler at princeton.edu
Mon Oct 27 16:08:19 CDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to compare a sample with unknown lead bonding with some lead
standards. After entering in all of the data and standard scans with
reference channels, I aligned the reference channels, which shifted the
data scans as well.

My question regards the E0 of the data and standard scans. Even though the
scan itself shifted, the E0 still remains where it was when I imported it,
prior to aligning the reference channels. The peak itself shifted, but the
program still marks the E0 at the previous peak position. Is this an issue?
If so, how do I adjust the E0 of the scans the same amount that the
reference channels shifted?

It does say how much the scan shifted, so I went in and manually changed
the E0 of each scan so that it correlated with this shift. Would this be an
effective solution? If this does solve my problem, is there a less
labor-intensive way to solve it in the program?

Thanks so much for your help!
-Scott