[Ifeffit] Macports ifeffit and Demeter Update

Schima, Frank frank.schima at nist.gov
Mon Jul 14 15:04:07 CDT 2014

Mac OS X users,

Thanks to help from Bruce Ravel and Matt Newville, I have updated ifeffit and Demeter-devel in Macports to fix a number of problems reported.

To update from your current version type the following:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated

To install from scratch after installing Macports [1]:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install demeter-devel

When done, your should see the following ports installed:

$ port installed ifeffit p5.16-ifeffit demeter-devel
  demeter-devel @0.9.20pre10_0 (active)
  ifeffit @1.2.13_0+gcc48 (active)
  p5.16-ifeffit @2_0 (active)

Please reply to the list (NOT to me directly) about how this works for you.

Cheers!
Frank

[1] <https://www.macports.org/install.php>