[Ifeffit] Questions for Artemis fit

huyanyun at physics.utoronto.ca huyanyun at physics.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 20 00:11:24 CDT 2014

Hi all,

Does Feff take into account of the radius of the each atom when it
calculates atom-pair distance? I am wondering if the calculated
atom-pair distance (Reff) in each SS path has already excluded the
radius size of absorber and scatterer atoms? In the R-space spectra, I
always have a big peak at R smaller than any of the calculated path
distances, in other words, I feel there is no possible path
contributing to this peak.

My goal is trying to understand where the filler atom is in a unit
cell, so if the above question is 'yes', the true position of the
filler atoms is very likely to be far away from the site I input in
the ATOM file ?

Best regards,
Yanyun