[Ifeffit] Questions for Artemis fit

Scott Calvin scalvin at sarahlawrence.edu
Wed Aug 20 06:30:10 CDT 2014

Hi Yanyun,

The shift observed in R-space is due to the effect of the potential of the absorbing and scattering atoms.

You are asking a series of questions that, while thoughtful, are covered in basic tutorials and XAFS textbooks. I suggest you search for introductions to XAFS analysis, many of which are freely available and which come in many forms (videos, tutorial files, wikis, PowerPoints, chapters/books, etc.) and work through one or more of them.

Beginners are encouraged to use this list, but beginners and advanced users alike are also urged to see if the answer to their questions is readily and clearly available elsewhere first.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College