[Ifeffit] larch warning about epics plugin

Johan Nilsson johan.nilsson at chalmers.se
Fri Aug 1 10:30:19 CDT 2014

Hello,

Today I reinstalled larch after upgrading my computer to Ubuntu 14.04. I downloaded the latest source and installed all the recommended dependencies except PyEpics and then continued with the install. Everything went smoothly and larch appears to be working as it should. However when I start the program I get warning messages about the epics plugin

$ larch
  Larch 0.9.23 (8-Apr-2014) M. Newville, T. Trainor
  using python 2.7.6, numpy 1.8.1, wx-enabled, wx version 2.8.12.1
Warning: /usr/share/larch/plugins/epics/xrfcontrol.py is not a valid plugin
   error:  ImportError('cannot import name ROI',)
Warning: /usr/share/larch/plugins/epics/xrf_detectors.py is not a valid plugin
   error:  ImportError('cannot import name ROI',)
Warning: /usr/share/larch/plugins/epics/xspress3.py is not a valid plugin
   error:  ImportError('cannot import name ROI',)

I have no plans to use this plugin but I tried to install PyEpics to see if anything would change but it did not. Is this a bug or is there some configuration I can change to get rid of the warnings?

--Johan