[Ifeffit] Opening XANES Files with Athena

Alex Kellum aakellum at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:02:04 CDT 2013

Hello All,

I am working on an NSF-REU program this summer requiring me to analyze XANES spectra. My personal computer is a mac (w/ OS X 10.6.8). I am desperately trying to figure out how to even open an IFEFFIT program that will help me analyze the spectra. The spectra are saved in .txt files--and I have no idea how to convert them to .apj or .prj files. Is it possible to analyze them with converting them? Right now I am using iXAFS Shell containing Athena, Artemis and Hephaestus. I realize there are newer versions available, but Demeter is only available on Windows and I spent a few hours trying to get Larch to work. Even after downloading python I had no idea how to get it to actually download and work. I do have X11 running on my computer. I realize you probably get a ton of emails from users, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alex Kellum