[Ifeffit] Ratio of peak amplitudes in R-space

Christopher Patridge patridge at buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 5 07:28:27 CDT 2012

Jatin,

If these changes are systematic and you somewhat understand the physical or
chemical process associated with the sample,  then why not just build a
model and do a structural fitting?    A simple peak ratio comparison maybe
helpful but a much stronger argument and interpretation can be made if you
use a structural model to extract these comparisons....

several methods for building a model are available.

buena salud,

Chris Patridge

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Rana, Jatinkumar Kantilal <
jatinkumar.rana at helmholtz-berlin.de> wrote:

>  Dear Ifeffit community,
>

> I was wondering If I can make a qualitative comparison about the amplitude
> ratio of first two shells for various states of same sample ?
>

> For example, I have a sample which is measured at various states, say A,
> B, C, D and E during any physical or chemical process.
>

> I get systematic change in the ratio of first two peaks at each state.
> This could be interpreted either as change in disorder or as change in
> number of atoms associated with first two shells as a result of any
> physical or chemical change material has undergone.
>

> As we know that amplitude of peak decreases with increase in distance from
> central absorber.
>

> Can I compare the amplitude ratio of first two peaks for various states of
> same sample ??
>

> Many thanks in advance !!!
>

> With best regards,
>
> Jatin
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
>
> Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher
> Forschungszentren e.V.
>
> Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv.
> Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking
>
> Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583
>
> Postadresse:
> Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
> D-14109 Berlin
>
> http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de