[Ifeffit] Ratio of peak amplitudes in R-space

Rana, Jatinkumar Kantilal jatinkumar.rana at helmholtz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 5 07:01:01 CDT 2012

Dear Ifeffit community,

I was wondering If I can make a qualitative comparison about the amplitude ratio of first two shells for various states of same sample ?

For example, I have a sample which is measured at various states, say A, B, C, D and E during any physical or chemical process.

I get systematic change in the ratio of first two peaks at each state. This could be interpreted either as change in disorder or as change in number of atoms associated with first two shells as a result of any physical or chemical change material has undergone.

As we know that amplitude of peak decreases with increase in distance from central absorber.

Can I compare the amplitude ratio of first two peaks for various states of same sample ??

Many thanks in advance !!!

With best regards,
Jatin

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin f?r Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de