[Ifeffit] Importing data to Athena crashes on WinXP

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 13 18:15:42 CDT 2012

Hi Bradley,

This appears to be an example of a problem that I thought I had fixed some time ago.  The thing making Athena unhappy is the length of the line of column labels in your file.  This triggers a mistake in how Athena communicates with Ifeffit.

I will fix this for the next release.

For the short term, the best work-around I can suggest is delete the line with the column labels and replace it with hash (#) character.  This will avoid the mistake Athena is making and present the column labels as numbers (1 2 3 etc) in the column selection dialog.  Obviously that will be a hassle if you have a mountain of data....