[Ifeffit] feff6l licence

John J. Rehr jjr at uw.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:36:45 CST 2011

Hi Carmelo et al.,

  Short answer: FEFF6L may be freely distributed; there is no special
agreement restricting the code to IFEFFIT or other codes. Let me know
if you have other questions about this.

  Sincerely,
  J. Rehr
  PI FEFF Project

  From the FEFF6L license header:

c///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
c Distribution:  FEFF6L
c Copyright (c) [2002] University of Washington
c This software was prepared in part with US Government Funding under
c DOE contract DE-FG03-97ER45623.

c Redistribution and use of this Distribution in source and binary
c formats, with or without modification is permitted, provided the
c following conditions are met:
c Redistributions must retain the above notices and the following list
c of conditions and disclaimer;
c Modified versions carry the marking
c     "Based on or developed using Distribution: FEFF6L
c      Copyright (c) [2002] University of Washington"
c Recipient acknowledges the right of the University of Washington to
c prepare uses of this Distribution and its modifications that may be
c substantially similar or functionally equivalent to
c Recipient-prepared modifications.
c Recipient and anyone obtaining access to the Distribution through
c recipient's actions accept all risk associated with possession and
c use of the Distribution.
c THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
c WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
c MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
c IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON OR CONTRIBUTORS TO THE
c DISTRIBUTION BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
c EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
c PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
c REVENUE; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
c LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
c NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
c SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.