[Ifeffit] more bugs in atoms?

Gudrun Lisa Bovenkamp bovenkamp at physik.uni-bonn.de
Fri May 27 12:40:24 CDT 2011

Hi George,

I cannot understand how you got this atoms.inp file where the core is
stated to be Co1 and there is only Fe. So, I cannot confirm the
crystal structure from a database.
My problem is solved. I understood that the ATOMS program implemented
in Arthemis and ATOMS 2.5 have some bugs that are corrected in ATOMS
3.0 and WebATOMS. When I use those two programs I get a correct
crystal structure xyz table in feff.inp.
the only reason that I can think of, why your shifting seem to work
better is that the atoms.inp file was not representing the correct
structure in the first place. This can happen when the situation you
wnat to describe is not the situation that was measured by somebody
else. Or there is a mistake in the paper.
Anyway. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Lisa