[Ifeffit] EXAFS on multi phase systems

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu May 5 09:59:52 CDT 2011

Jatinkumar,

Shelly's paper on mixed phase uranyl species should be required
reading for anyone serious about EXAFS analysis.  It's not precisely
the scenario you ask about, but is sufficiently similar conceptually
that you would do well to study this paper carefully.

   Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 66:22, (2002), 3855-3871
   doi:10.1016/S0016-7037(02)00947-X

Like Scott, many of the people who respond frequently on this mailing
list have written papers that would be useful to study to understand
how to approach your problem.  A few minutes with Google Scholar
would populate a large and useful reading list.

Given that you specifically mentioned crystalline materials, you might
want to read up on DAFS.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov