[Ifeffit] EXAFS on multi phase systems

Scott Calvin dr.scott.calvin at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:46:33 CDT 2011

Hi Jatinkumar,

It's fairly common to do so. With linear combination analysis or
principle component analysis, it's necessarily the case. But it's also
done with modelling using FEFF. I personally have published many
papers of this type. One early paper of mine that does this is:

“X-ray absorption spectroscopy of highly-cycled Li/CPE/FeS2 cells,” E.
Strauss, S. Calvin, H. Mehta,* D. Golodnitksy, S. G. Greenbaum, M. L.
denBoer, V. Dusheiko, and E. Peled, Solid State Ionics 164, 51 (2003).

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College