[Ifeffit] Portable Ifeffit packet + portable python

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 22 10:19:05 CDT 2011

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting that -- it looks like an interesting distribution
method.   If I understand correctly, it looks like "Portable" here
means a dropbox-distributed Windows distribution, with some added
batch files.   Is that correct?

For the Python module, it looks like you're distributing a full Python
installations -- wouldn't it be simpler to have people install a
standard python distribution (of their choosing,  perhaps  the
numpy/scipy-enhanced Enthought distribution) and just add the
PythonIfeffit module installer in the dropbox-distribution?

Anyway, thanks, that looks like a useful way to install Ifeffit on
Windows machines.    One question for you would be: Are those URLs
stable enough to put on the Ifeffit Download wiki page?

Cheers,

--Matt