[Ifeffit] help

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 12 07:41:50 CST 2010

Aaron,

I need to start with the caveat that I do not have your version of
Windows on any of my machines.  The suggestion I am about to make is
based on things I have read here on this mailing list.

I suspect that, when you initially install, you do so with elevated
privileges.  That is, one of the dialog boxes you click through at
installation time is asking if you are sure it is safe to continue the
installation as administrator.

When you run the updater, that is done as an unpriviledged user.  What
I think is happening is that the updater script is getting to the
point where it wants to install new files to diskspace that it does
not have privilege to write to.

I think the solution is to run the updater as administrator.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I about Windows can comment on
this.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov