[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 83, Issue 22

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 23 17:18:00 CST 2010

>               Thanks for your suggestions. Actually sometimes we are not
> able to frame the question correctly, which is also one of the reason of not
> getting a response.

The issue is not so much framing a question correctly, but asking a
question that can be answered.

>               To be specific, I had already opened these data file in Athena
> and had done analysis on them. But when I try to open these data files in
> SIXPack, column assingment is required. First I tried to open the E,
> mu(E) format text file, SIXPack asks for column assingment, but there is no
> column for mu(E). Then I tried E, I0, It data format and I checked the
> respected column, but still not able to plot the data. Each time it is
> giving some error in data plotting like background error, plotting error.
> The data is loading but I am not able to plot it. I think now I had made
> myself clear for getting some response.

I do not wish to be rude, but as I said before, you really need to ask
a question that can be answered.   You have not asked a question at
all!  Perhaps you would want to send a file that is giving you trouble
("How can I read the attached file with SIXPack?").

And again be specific:  "giving some error ..." is much too vague to
be able to understand what might be happening.  Tell us what the error
message is.

Good luck,