[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 83, Issue 22

Abhijeet Gaur abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:20:08 CST 2010

Dear Rashmi, Vijay, Abhijeet, ....,

Can you please ask this question more precisely?  Asking for
"guidance" is a bit too vague to expect a helpful answer.

> I am doing some data analysis of XANES as well as EXAFS data using
> data analysis software SIXPack. I am not able to load any data file.

This is confusing. How would you be able to use SIXPack if you are not
able to load any data file?

Is the program not responding at all?  Does it crash when trying to
load particular files??  I have no idea.

Again, please ask a specific question (for example:  why can I not
open the attached data file with SIXPack?), and give as much relevant
information as you can: what operating system are you using, what you
did (File->Open:  did a dialog box open??), what SIXPack "does" (any
error messages, for example), Can Athena open the file, and so on.
We're not there to see what you are (and are not) doing.  Please
remember that you are sending this request for help to hundreds of
people hoping that one of them will be kind enough to volunteer to
answer.  Being polite is wise, but being clear and to the point is
also important.

Cheers,
--Matt

Hello Sir,
              Thanks for your suggestions. Actually sometimes we are not
able to frame the question correctly, which is also one of the reason of not
getting a response.
              To be specific, I had already opened these data file in Athena
and had done analysis on them. But when I try to open these data files in
SIXPack, column assingment is required. First I tried to open the E,
mu(E) format text file, SIXPack asks for column assingment, but there is no
column for mu(E). Then I tried E, I0, It data format and I checked the
respected column, but still not able to plot the data. Each time it is
giving some error in data plotting like background error, plotting error.
The data is loading but I am not able to plot it. I think now I had made
myself clear for getting some response.

With thanks
Vijay Hinge