[Ifeffit] ifeffit OS X 10.6

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 18 11:55:51 CST 2010

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Bartels-Rausch <thorsten.bartels-rausch at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
>     thanks for the ifeffit software package that we also use here at the Swiss Light Source (PSI SLS). May
>  I kindly ask, if you have a binary version of the package that runs under Os X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64 bit)?
> Or should I follow the instruction to compile the package from source? Would you know if that works on
> Snow Leopard.
>
> Thanks for any help. Seems as if I upgraded too fast.
> best, thorsten

Sorry, I don't know much about the status of binary packages for OS X
other that what's listed on the download page.  I wouldn't be
surprised if Jeff Terry or Paul Fons had made a 64-bit version, but I
don't know for sure.  I'm sending this to the mailing list in case
they or someone else knows more.

Building from source on a Mac is not too painful if you have
experience building software on Unix systems.