[Ifeffit] Methods to break correlations

Brandon Reese bjreese at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 13:47:11 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I am performing EXAFS measurements on amorphous Indium Zinc Oxide (In and Zn
edges) thin films and have a question about methods to break correlations.
We have the films grown at several compositions ranging from 50/50 to 90/10
(In/Zn wt.%).  We expect these films to display first NN shells very similar
to their pure oxide cases, but the are interested in changes to the next-NN
shells.  I was wondering if folks on the mailing had some good references on
multiple data set fits using doping fractions to break correlations.  Would
it be worth doing temperature dependent (or perhaps just cold) measurements
to try and break correlations that way?

Another couple unrelated questions... I am running iXAFS 2.1 b1, is there
any way to update the Athena/Artemis versions, or would I have to an source
install?  Does anyone have an Athena plugin for the SSRL data Collector
v2.0?  The SSRL plugins available make the program crash when I try and use
them. (moderators, let me know if these questions should have been in a
separate posting)

Regards,
Brandon