[Ifeffit] Edge step

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jun 22 16:14:22 CDT 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 09:24:32 am Eugenio Otal wrote:
> I am looking for some small differences in XANES spectra and want to know
> how to set the edge step to a "right" value.
> The differences are around 2 eV shift and a change in the edge step is
> critical.

Eugenio,

I am afraid that the question, as posed, is somewhat unanswerable.
Careful alignment (preferably to a reference) is essential and you
should take care to use the same parameters for every data set.  I
don't know how to advise you about "rightness", but consistency is
certainly a must-do.

If you are looking at subtle changes in the XANES features, you might
consider turning off the "flattening" display trick that Athena uses
for displaying XANES data.

HTH,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov