[Ifeffit] Edge step

Eugenio Otal eugenioh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:03:14 CDT 2009

Bruce,
I supposed the answer would be a little inconvenient truth. I will follow
your wise words.
Thanks, euG

Eugenio,

I am afraid that the question, as posed, is somewhat unanswerable.
Careful alignment (preferably to a reference) is essential and you
should take care to use the same parameters for every data set.  I
don't know how to advise you about "rightness", but consistency is
certainly a must-do.

If you are looking at subtle changes in the XANES features, you might
consider turning off the "flattening" display trick that Athena uses
for displaying XANES data.

HTH,