[Ifeffit] distinguishing between actual shells and artifacts

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed Jan 14 08:38:20 CST 2009

Hi Hashem,

I doubt they're "artifacts." Much more likely is that they are either
due to multiple-scattering paths, or to sidebands of the single-
scatterers.

During analysis, you don't want to think of the Fourier transform as
being literally a radial distribution function; i.e., features in the
Fourier transform don't have a one to one correspondence with
coordination shells.

--Scott