[Ifeffit] High SO2 value

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Thu Apr 9 09:03:34 CDT 2009

Hi Abhijeet,

There is no reason to fit the S02 separately for all shells. You
should use the same S02 parameter for all shells.

Ifeffit's job is to adjust the squiggly curve that comes out of the
model until it looks like the squiggly curve that comes from the data.
That's it. It doesn't know any physics or chemistry. So it's quite
capable of doing nonsensical things in order to make the curves
similar. Your job is to inject sense into the process, by using
reasonable constraints.

--Scott