[Ifeffit] Installation of the last versions on XP

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 21 13:27:41 CDT 2008

Hi,

Clicking on athena.exe or artemis.exe will (normally) not work because
the environment is not set correctly.  The messages you're seeing
(can't find perl modules) is a sympton of that.

>From the Command  prompt, try this:
   C:\> cd C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\bin
   C:\> runner athena

The 'runner' program sets up the environment and launches the program
for you.  This is what the Desktop and Start Menu icons do.

Anyway, the output from "runner athena" will probably be most helpful
in figuring out what is going on.

--Matt