[Ifeffit] Installation of the last versions on XP

Kleper Oliveira Rocha k.o.rocha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:45:22 CDT 2008

 Hi everybody,
I am have the same problem that Shiryaev reported but only with the version
1.2.10. The message that write both when click in Athena and Artemis located
in the folder bin ( way sugested by Bruce) is:

can´t open \share\per1\Xray\space_groups.db: No such file or directory at
/Per1App/Xray/Xtal.pm line 116
BEGIN failed --compilation aborted at /Per1App/ifeffit/Files.pm line 50.
BEGIN failed --compilation aborted at athena line 97.

I hope that in helpfull.

2008/7/21 Bruce Ravel <bravel at bnl.gov>:

> On Monday 21 July 2008 11:02:45 shiryaev at crys.ras.ru wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Perhaps you may hep to resolve the following problem: I have no problems
> > in installing and working with Ifeffit-1.2.6 on my Windows XP laptops.
> The
> > problem concerns working with later versions: 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. There
> are
> > no error messages on installation, but neither Athena not Artemis work.
> > What can I change in setup?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > A.Shiryaev
>
> Hi,
>
> We'll need a bit of information.  Please do the following:
>
>  * open the command prompt and cd to C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\bin
>  * type athena (or artemis -- I suspect whatever the problem is, it
>    is the same for both) and hit carriage return
>  * tell us about any error messages that get written to the screen
>
> Hopefully, that'll give us some hints about the problem.

> --
>  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov
>
>  National Institute of Standards and Technology
>  Synchrotron Methods Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2
>  Building 535A
>  Upton NY, 11973
>
>  My homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel
>  EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/

Kleper de Oliveira Rocha
Doutorando em Engenharia Química
Departamento de Engenharia Química/UFSCar