[Ifeffit] sorting files in Athena

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Fri Feb 22 07:53:04 CST 2008

Darius,

>>but then you have to ask every beamline owner to
change the file names, at each synchrotron...

Not necessarily, it really only applies to those generating 10's or
100's of scans such as scanning in QEXAFS mode.  Not to mention that it
is already implemented in many beamlines that had the foresight on this
issue and implemented a solution when the beamlines were first created.
:-)  However, I do agree that some level of group cut/paste could be
helpful in Athena.

Dave

  David Barton
  The Dow Chemical Company