[Ifeffit] sorting files in Athena

Dominik Samuelis samuelis at pc.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 22 04:52:18 CST 2008

Hi Dariusz,

> I use Iffefit under Win XP, and every time when I open (import) more
> files I have them in such order: 1, 11, 12, 13, ... , 19, 2, 20, 21, 22,
> ... , 29, 3, 30, 31 ... etc.
> So, my question is if there is some "hidden" way to sort automatically
> files during importing or in the menue. Do you know something about? Is
> the sorting lexigraphical (from Windows)?

this is a typical problem with the Windows file selection dialog.
Windows always puts the file, which is currently selected, at the first
position of the files list. Now, when you're shift-clicking on your last
file, you automatically select this one. That's why file 31 is in first
position.

The easiest workaround for this issue is to select your files backwards,
i.e. first click on file 31, then shift-click on file 1.

Now, with HASYLAB files, it gets a little more complicated, due to
filenames like scan_00001rxx, where xx is the scan number during a
QEXAFS scan. I usually just open them in two chunks, one with xx=1-9 and
then xx=10-99. This way, you can use the lexical sorting of Windows.

Cheers,
dominik
--
Dipl.-Ing. Dominik Samuelis